Safe Working Guidance
Safe working practice due to Coronavirus Covid-19
- After your initial enquiry Kath Bools Automatic will contact you to establish your current health and fitness to drive in regards to Covid-19. If any members of your family have health issues or are currently required to shield.
- Where possible, all lessons should be paid for via online banking prior to the lesson.
- Drop off and pick up points will be discussed as a safe place to clean all contact points on the car thoroughly between each lesson is required, this will be discussed in advance.
- Prior to each lesson your instructor will call you and check that both you and your family’s health is good and that you have not been in contact with anyone who is unwell. Guidance is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/
- The Cancellation policy has been updated; if either parties have to cancel a lesson at the last moment due to Covid-19 symptoms no payment is due, the cancellation policy has not change for any other reason, please refer to the full Terms & Conditions for all other restrictions.
- The car windows will be down throughout the lesson, it is recommended that you wear long sleeves, full length trousers and sensible shoes even on hot days.
- You must wash your hands for 20 seconds prior to the lesson. Hand sanitizer and gloves will also be available (please let me know if you have a latex allergy).
- Face masks should be worn, disposable ones will be available if you don’t bring your own. I appreciate for those who wear glasses this might be problematic due to fogging.
- Notes throughout the session will now be emailed to you.
- If a demonstration drive is given, the contact points in the car will be cleaned.
- At the end of each lesson you must wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- Hand sanitizer, tissues, antibacterial wipes, gloves and face masks will be available in the car along with a safe way to dispose of any items used.
Practical driving tests are set to resume on 22nd July 2020, if your theory test expires you will have to retake it before re-booking your practical test.
Finally…I have been conducting critical key worker training during this time and the new way of working has felt safe and practical, please do not hesitate to call and discuss any of the information or concerns you might have, there is always a solution.