The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a new set of rules being brought in by the Government to protect you and the personal information businesses hold about you.
At Kath Bools Automatic, we appreciate that when you share your personal information with us, you trust us to look after it.
We have always taken care of our customers’ personal information but the change in the law has prompted us to further explain about how we use your personal information in our day-to-day operations and how we keep it safe.
- We’ll only use your information to make your service seamless.
- We collect information from you when you interact with us and we will only use that information for the reason it was given, namely to correspond and communicate with you regarding booking your driving lessons or any other arrangements required.
- We do not collect information from our customers via our website.
- When you choose to connect with us through social media, we use your information to respond through your chosen channel.
- If you choose to participate in driving lessons/driving tests or other events, we collect personal information and use it in the organisation of those events or fulfilment of the events. You are free to withdraw at any time.
- We won’t send you anything unless it’s to do with our services.
- Sometimes we may need to contact you for reasons, such as driving lesson/driving test date/time arrangements or changes.
- We will only keep your information for the time it’s needed to provide the required driving lessons with you. When we no longer need it, we will either anonymise it so you cannot be identified, archive it so it can no longer be used or delete it securely from our systems.
- We are obliged to keep your information for purposes of HMRC taxes and this will be held safely and securely. Otherwise we do not share your information with anyone other than those working for Kath Bools Automatic and DVSA, as and when required.
- We will not/do not share your information with any third parties or for any other purpose.
- We always keep your information safe and secure.
- Any information we hold will be kept securely on the devices necessary to carry out our work with you.
Your rights to privacy
At any time, you can ask us for a view of the information we hold about you. You have the right to ask us to correct any details and, in some circumstances, to ask us to remove your data from our systems.