Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall be read by the pupil and or his or her adviser and construed as forming the Agreement between the Instructor and the Pupil.
It is agreed that:
- The Instructor shall make his/her services available to the Pupil for the sole purpose of providing driving tuition at the hourly rate agreed.
- The Instructor will make every effort to offer lessons at a reasonable rate. Lesson rates are liable to change but at least one month’s notice will be given.
- The Instructor will make every effort not to change the appointed lesson without good reason or it is beyond the Instructors control. In this event a mutually convenient lesson will be arranged.
- The Instructor will carry motor insurance covering the Pupil whilst driving the tuition vehicle including being accompanied by a Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency examiner.
- While the instructor will make every effort to ensure that the vehicle supplied for lessons & test will be fully road worthy and comply with all legal requirement at the start of the driving test, he/she cannot be held responsible for vehicle failures that occur during the lesson/test and is not liable for consequential loss.
- The lesson fee shall be paid at the beginning of each lesson directly to the Instructor.
- Any changes made by you to lessons must be made by you providing notice to the instructor 48 hours before the lesson is due to take place. Changes may include, but are not limited to, cancellations, alterations to any detail of the lessons.
- Where 48 hours’ notice is not given the instructor may reserve the right to charge the full fee for any lesson affected.
- You must hold a current, valid driving Licence, provisional, full or international and produce it on or in advance of you first training session. You must be fit to drive with regards to legal & medical requirements.
- You must inform the instructor of any changes in your circumstances that would prohibit you from driving, these circumstances may include, but are not limited to: changes to health and eyesight, your ability to safely control a vehicle or your right to drive through use of a provisional Licence where your Licence has been revoked for any reason.
- You must not be under the influence of drugs (prescribed or otherwise) which may affect driving, or alcohol whilst driving the tuition vehicle.
- In the event of a refund, where a discounted rate has been taken, the hours already used will be charged at the normal, standard hourly rate.
- It is hereby expressly agreed that the Pupil acknowledges that the Instructor has no liability to the Pupil in respect to injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the tuition vehicle, or from The Acts or Omissions of the Instructor.
- Should there be any dispute for any reason whatsoever as to the adequate level of skill and safety being attained for the Driving Test, The Instructor exclusively reserves the right to defer the Test, or, alternatively refuse the use of the tuition vehicle for the driving test.
- Your instructor agrees to abide by the Professional Code of Conduct. In the event of any dispute or dissatisfaction of level of service from the instructor, the pupil should contact Jo Bateman on 07778 008989, in the first instance.